'Google my Business' is the best way to get your customers to find you
If you’re new to the business world you know how difficult it is to bring your business closer to the potential customers and members of the general public. That’s why Google offers a web service that’s called Google My Business. This service is free of charge, and it allows small businesses to register their company’s location and details.
So why should your small business or start-up company register with Google My Business? Here’s a list of reasons:
- Google My Business helps you get better exposure by making it easier for customers to find information about your company online.
- Google My Business will put the physical location of your company on the map and it will be visible to people using Google maps.
- If you complete your business profile on Google and add photos and relevant information, your profile will stand out among the competitors.
- By claiming your Google business listing, you’re in control of the information you want your customers to see, as well as your brand.
- Your company can be found on any device with Google My Business.
- It’s easy to use and the registration only takes a few minutes.
It’s important to remember that getting your business on Google is an investment of time which will pay off in the future. Unfortunately, Google My Business won’t do everything for you, and here’s some things you can do to make your company easier to find on Google and attract more customers.
Improving local ranking
Local results appear for people who searched for places or businesses near their location. For example, if you’re looking for a Chinese restaurant near you, Google will automatically generate a list of places that offer Chinese food close to your current location. If you find that your business does not appear for relevant searches in your area, your problem is probably in the information Google has (or doesn’t have!) about your business. Complete your profile, provide and update your company’s information, working hours and verify your location – Google will recognise it and enhance your presence in Search and Maps.
Local results are based on relevance, distance and prominence – and these factors are combined to find the best match for the search.
Star ratings and reviews
Google allows customers to publicly post their opinions about their experience with a business or a service. Customers can review the business with a star rating (from 1 to 5 stars) and a text comment. This can be a great way to showcase your business and attract more customers. If your business is new on Google, and if it has less than 3 reviews, the star rating won’t be visible until you have received 3 or more reviews. As you probably know, online reviews are very influential and they can make or break your business. Remember, there’s no way to delete bad reviews, but you can respond to them and clarify any misunderstandings.
Here are a few tips on how to get reviews from customers:
- Ask your customers to leave a review on Google. Most of your customers understand how important the reviews are for your business, and they are more than happy to leave them as long as they were satisfied with the goods or services received.
- Give clear instructions. Not all people know how to review places on Google. I suggest posting a short guide on your website which clearly explains how to leave a review.
- Thank your reviewers.
Don’t panic if your business has fewer stars than you expected it to have. Your business’ website will still receive more clicks and visits than a site which doesn’t have any stars at all.
Photos help people find your business on Google, and they usually come from both businesses themselves as well as the customers. By adding your own photos, you can showcase your products and services to the potential customers.
Out of all these photos, Google My Business profile image is the most important one. There is no other picture of your business that has more impact on a potential customer’s behaviour. So, choose wisely. This profile image is the image that creates the first impression the searcher gets about your business.
If you want to know how to use photos on Google to attract more customers, here are some tips.
- Google suggests choosing a photo of a product or service you offer for your My Business profile image. If you don’t offer products or recognisable services, choose something that relates to your business.
- Use your company’s logo. A logo on Google should be 250×250 pixels, so remember to check if your logo looks good on Google after it’s been uploaded.
- Choose a relevant photo for the Google + profile of your business. I suggest using a high-definition photo of your business’ exterior, or the interior of your location
Remember to respect Google’s guidelines for posting pictures of your business and watch your picture size!
Last, but definitely not least- search engine optimisation. Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of affecting the ranking in Google’s search results. As an online marketing strategy, SEO considers how Google works, what people usually search for and what phrases and keywords are typed into search engines.
You’re probably wondering what are the advantages of SEO and how can it benefit your business or company.
- SEO increases the traffic to your business’ website thus attracting potential customers.
- It makes the website of your business stand out among the competitors.
- It can give your brand higher credibility because people tend to trust search engines.
- A successful SEO campaign can help you find new markets and expand your business.
There are many strategies for implementing SEO in your website, and some of the basic ones include:
- Creating accurate and unique page titles.
- Making use of the description meta tag.
- Improving the structure of the URLs.
- Making the website easier to navigate.
If you want to get most of the online presence of your business, take advantage of SEO in every way possible. SEO is a cost-effective, yet a very powerful tool.
Getting your company on Google is crucial if you want to succeed in the business world. Today, a large number of customers rely on search engines to recommend a business or a service provider. With these tips and their successful implementation, your business can reach its maximum and attract many new customers.